Content writing is an art that requires creativity, research, and technical skills. While you may be familiar with the basics of content writing—writing compelling copy and crafting engaging stories—there are some additional roles you can take on as a content writer to help promote your articles. In this blog post, we’ll explore seven different roles of a content writer and how they can help you increase your article’s visibility online.
1. SEO Expert
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, and it plays a very important role in how well your article performs online. As a content writer, it’s important to understand the principles of SEO and how it affects your content’s performance. This includes understanding which keywords are essential to include in your copy to make sure your article ranks high on search engine results pages (SERPs). Additionally, you should also understand how to use meta tags, alt tags, and other elements that can help boost your article’s ranking on SERPs.
2. Social Media Guru
Social media is one of the best ways to promote your articles online. As a content writer, you need to be knowledgeable about various social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc., so that you can create effective campaigns that will drive more traffic to your articles. Additionally, being able to track analytics across different social media channels can help you identify which type of posts work best for each platform so that you can adjust accordingly.
3. Networking Wizard
Building relationships with other writers or influencers in the industry is another great way to increase awareness about your articles online. As a content writer, networking with other professionals gives you access to potential opportunities such as guest blogging or collaboration projects – all of which will help promote your work even further!
4. Brand Ambassador
When promoting an article online, sticking closely with brand guidelines is key if you want readers to recognize and remember who wrote it! As a content writer, being able to represent the brand effectively through both words and visuals ensures that readers know who they’re interacting with when they read or share your work – leading them back directly back to the company website!
5. Creative Strategist
Coming up with creative ways of promoting an article isn’t always easy but it’s necessary if you want it to stand out from other pieces online! As a content writer, taking on the role of creative strategist means coming up with new ideas for how best to present an article such as through video/animation or special offers/promotions – all of which will draw more attention to what was written!
6. Analytical Thinker
Being able to analyze data from various sources is another key role for any successful content writer looking to promote their articles online! Evaluating statistics such as page views or engagement rates helps identify which types of posts perform better than others – allowing adjustments accordingly so that future pieces have better chances at success!
Last but not least comes storytelling – arguably one of the most important roles for any aspiring content writers looking to promote their work successfully! Being able to craft stories around topics inspires readers emotionally while also teaching them something valuable in the process – making them come back for more again and again!
What Does a Content Writer Do?
Content writers are responsible for creating original copy that is engaging, informative, and optimized for SEO (Search Engine Optimization). They craft blog posts, press releases, product descriptions, website copy, social media posts, and more. In order to be successful in this role, it is essential to have excellent writing skills as well as knowledge of SEO best practices.
What Other Skills Are Needed To Be A Successful Content Writer?
In addition to having strong writing skills, successful content writers should have knowledge of digital marketing principles such as email marketing, analytics tracking tools like Google Analytics and Kissmetrics, as well as basic HTML/CSS coding abilities. Having these skills will allow them to better understand how their work fits into the larger marketing strategy of their clients’ businesses or organizations they’re working with while also giving them valuable insight into how their own efforts measure up against industry standards or competitors.
How Can Content Writers Promote An Article?
Content writers can be invaluable when it comes to promoting an article or blog post. They can optimize the article with SEO-friendly keywords in order to increase its visibility on search engines like Google and Bing. Additionally, content writers can share the article on their personal social media accounts as well as other platforms such as Reddit and Quora in order to reach new audiences and build brand recognition.
So It Seems
There are many roles a content writer should take on when trying to promote their articles successfully online – from SEO expert and social media guru to analytical thinker storyteller! By understanding each role better, they can create campaigns that target specific audiences while also creating engaging stories around topics. With careful planning, creativity, and data analysis, any aspiring writers can grow their reach quickly while also staying true to brand guidelines!
- “6 Reasons Why All Content Writers Should Know SEO | Oozle Media.” 5 Jun. 2018, https://www.oozlemedia.com/six-reasons-why-all-content-writers-should-know-seo/. Accessed 18 Dec. 2022.
- “Writing for Social Media in 2023: Tips and Tools – Hootsuite Blog.” 22 Sep. 2022, https://blog.hootsuite.com/writing-for-social-media/. Accessed 18 Dec. 2022.
- “7 Networking Tips for Authors and Writers – Novel Publicity.” https://www.novelpublicity.com/2017/08/7-networking-tips-for-authors-and-writers/. Accessed 18 Dec. 2022.
- “7 ways you can use content writing for better brand awareness.” https://credible-content.com/blog/7-ways-you-can-use-content-writing-for-better-brand-awareness/. Accessed 18 Dec. 2022.
- “Creative Strategist: Definition, Requirements and Key Skills – Indeed.” 20 Apr. 2021, https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/finding-a-job/what-is-creative-strategist. Accessed 18 Dec. 2022.
- “Analytical Thinking and Blog Writing – Children’s Innovation Center.” https://childrensinnovationcenter.org/analytical-thinking-blog-writing/. Accessed 18 Dec. 2022.
- “How to Create Powerful Content Writing with Storytelling – LinkedIn.” 3 Sep. 2020, https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-create-powerful-content-writing-storytelling-soraya-caballero. Accessed 18 Dec. 2022.
- “Content Writer job description template | Workable.” https://resources.workable.com/content-writer-job-description. Accessed 18 Dec. 2022.
- “10 Skills To Succeed As A Content Writer.” 27 May. 2021, https://www.peppercontent.io/blog/10-skills-to-succeed-as-a-content-writer/. Accessed 18 Dec. 2022.